Official: Arsenal signs Chelsea winger, Willian on a three year deal.


Arsenal Football Club of England, has today announced the signing of Willian Borges Da Silva from Chelsea on free transfer. 

The winger left Chelsea at the end of 2019/20 season following the expiration of his contract with the blues. Willian had wanted Chelsea to offer him extension of contact for 3 more years, but Chelsea were only willing to offer 2years deal, which means the discussion between him and the club reached a stalemate. 

Upon their announcing of his acquisition, Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta expressed his satisfaction in winning the battle for Willian's signature, having dragged same with Barcelona and Tottenham Hotspur:

"I believe he is a player that can make a difference for us", Arteta said. 

"We have been monitoring him for the past few months. We had a clear intention to strengthen in the attacking midfield and winger positions, and he is a player that gives us a lot of versatility. He can play in three or four different positions. 

"He has the experience of everything in the football world, but to still have the ambition to come here and contribute to bring the club where it belongs. I have been really impressed with all the talks I have had with him and how much he wanted to come", Arteta concluded. 

Willian on his own part, has also released a statement following the transfer, most importantly expressing his gratitude to the Chelsea family for the wonderful seven years he had with them:

"The time has now come to move on. I am certainly going to miss my teammates. 

"I will miss all the staff at the club who have always treated me like a son and I will miss the fans. I leave with my head held high, safe in the knowledge that I won things here and always did my best in a Chelsea shirt", he stated. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPL top 4 results: Chelsea and United qualify for Champions League as Leicester comes short.

Official: Pedro joins Roma from Chelsea; as Kovacic wins Player of the season for Chelsea

SERAP demands publication of reports on corruption probes from the National Assembly.