Jordan Henderson wins FWA footballer of the year award, following Liverpool being crowned Champions of England.

Liverpool's captain, Jordan Henderson, has been today crowned the Footballer of the year by the Football Writers Association (FWA) for the 2019/20 EPL season. 

The FWA footballer of the year award is given out every year since 1948 and is given to the player considered to have had outstanding performance on his Club's performance for the season the award is given. 
The Red's captain was very crucial to his club lifting the trophy following incredible performances this season by the club to banish the 30years old bad history of not lifting the Premier league trophy. 
Henderson saw off competition from Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne, Manchester United's Marcus Rashford and his four teammates Virgil Van Dijk, Allison, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Sadio Mane to clinch the title. 
Upon being conferred with the title, Henderson told the FWA writer website: "I'd like to say how appreciative I am of the support of those who voted me and the Football Writer's Association in general. You only have to look at the past winners of it, a number of whom I have been blessed to play with here at Liverpool, like Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez and Mo Salah to know how prestigious it is. As grateful as I am, I don't think I can accept this on my own. I don't feel like anything I have achieved this season, and in fact in my whole  has been done on my own. I owe a lot to so many different people. But none more so than my current teammates, who have just been incredible and deserve this every bit as I do.
"We have only achieved what we have achieved because every single member of our squad has been brilliant. Not just in matches, not just in producing the moments that make the headlines and back pages but every day in training. 
"I accept it on behalf of this whole squad because without , I'm not in a position to be receiving this. These lads have made me a better player, a better leader and a better person. If anything, I hope those who voted for me did so partly to recognise the entire team's contribution."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EPL top 4 results: Chelsea and United qualify for Champions League as Leicester comes short.

Official: Pedro joins Roma from Chelsea; as Kovacic wins Player of the season for Chelsea

SERAP demands publication of reports on corruption probes from the National Assembly.